Fidgetr is a WordPress widget that displays the latest photos from your Flickr photostream in an attractive manner. It features support for themes along with very simple setup and broad compatibility. You can see two examples of the themes Fidgetr contains on the right sidebar.
Please note that Fidgetr requires PHP 5. If you are receiving an error that reads “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION” then you need to upgrade your PHP installation to use Fidgetr
v2.5.3 – 8/17/2010
- Fixed randomized array truncation. Oops. Thanks to everyone who reported.
v2.5.2 – 8/3/2010
- Fixed links back to flickr for non-photo pools. Previous fix needed to be fixed a different way. Awesome.
v2.5.1 – 7/11/2010
- Improved CSS for crossfade and default themes
- Fixed links back to Flickr when using group pools.
- Updated French translation (credit: Sebastien Violet)
v2.5 – 6/12/2010
- Expanded randomization. (fetches 250 now)
- You can now specify NSIDs of photo pools in addition to regular users.
v2.4 – 6/5/2010
- Added option to randomize the images chosen from a photoset or latest images. This will pick randomly from the first 100 photos in the chosen set. Works with all themes.
- Crossfade theme now attempts to center its images within the sidebar.
- Changed the Flickr NSID regex to be more reliable. Credit Jeff Wishnie for the bug report.
- Fixed includes to handle HTTPS properly.
- Another AJAX username check fix (using jQuery.live to live bind events when adding new widgets in the admin panel)
v2.3.1 – 5/31/2010
- Fixed AJAX username check
- Compatible with WP 3.0!
v2.3 – 2/1/2010
- Added French localization (credit: Sebastien Violet). More translations are welcome, please contact me if you’d like to help!
- Corrected some HTML validation problems and other small coding style fixes (credit: Sebastien Violet)
v2.2 – 1/12/2010
- Slimbox (lightbox) option for all themes. Check it on a per widget basis to have users go to a larger version inside Slimbox instead of being taken to the Flickr page.
- Centered default theme when sidebar is larger than the images and other small CSS fixes.
- Several improvements for Opera 10.5 pre-alpha (shadows, rounded corners)
v2.1.4 – 12/31/2009
- The CSS change caused some trouble for many users. This should fix it (added the old rules in addition to the new + slightly more specificity)
v2.1.3 – 12/27/2009
- Improve CSS specificity for all themes. This should improve the look of the widget in many cases.
- Changed some JS load timing (faster when other page elements hang)
- Upgraded slimbox to 2.03
- Further simplified flickrApi class to solely use Snoopy (removed curl)
v2.1.2 – 12/2/2009
- Improve title behavior when default theme shrinks/grows (white-space:nowrap)
- Other small CSS fixes
v2.1.1 – 11/5/2009
- Completely forgot to actually include the function and hook that did the photoset AJAX
- Modified the flickrApi class to use Snoopy for data fetching. This should broaden compatibility.
v2.1 – 11/1/2009
- Changing user updates available photosets via AJAX in the widget admin.
- Refactored some functions.
- Tested with WP 2.9.
v2.0 – 10/28/2009
- Fidgetr now uses the multi-widget API. This was a very large rewrite so please let me know if you run into bugs you didn’t see in previous versions. Layout bugs are the most likely (especially in multi-widget scenarios).
- Improved/fixed some more encoding behavior related to json_encode (and dramatically improved the behavior of the non-native function for those on older PHP5 installs)
- Added timeout to prevent Flickr outages from hanging your blog. This may require additional error handling in the future.
- Upgraded grid to slimbox 2.02
- There would be more bullet points but the first one covers changes to nearly every file in the entire widget so what more can I say!
v1.3.5 – 10/23/2009
- Better UTF-8 fix. Re-enabled native json_encode and removed an erroneous stripslashes. This should allow UTF-8 through, but also parse newlines in comments without a JSON parse failure.
v1.3.4 – 10/16/2009
- UTF-8 fix. Disabled native json_encode until I can investigate why it’s hex encoding chars it shouldn’t be…
v1.3.3 – 8/18/2009
- Tested against the latest WP
- URL updates
v1.3.2 – 6/11/2009
-Fixed a JS problem with the AJAX username check exposed by 2.8.
v1.3.1 – 6/10/2009
-A few UI fixes
-WP 2.8 compatibility
v1.3 – 5/16/2009
-Altered AJAX user check to run through the standard WP AJAX hooks. This prevents a potential security issue.
-Fixed a URL pathing mistake related to the spinner animation for the AJAX.
v1.2 – 5/13/2009
-Added support for directly specifying your NSID. Some users can’t locate their NSID via search due to privacy settings or age restrictions. If you are having trouble locating your nsid you can obtain it here: http://idgettr.com/
v1.1.2 – 4/30/2009
-Fixed a bug that prevented the CSS from loading on Windows servers. (Credit RJ Howard for reporting the issue)
v1.1.1 – 4/11/2009
-Fixed an array_merge warning for new users (thanks Jane)
v1.1 – 4/10/2009
-Added support for showing/hiding photo title.
-Various other small code improvements.
v1.0 – 3/15/2009
-Numerous CSS fixes to improve the consistency of the default and crossfade themes across different WP themes.
-Incremented version to 1.0 to catch users stuck at versions earlier than 0.6.1. Welcome back to the cutting edge!
v0.6.1.1 – 3/8/2009
-This release IS due to a bug introduced in 0.6.1. Sigh…
-Fixed fatal error due to non-numeric assignment of version number.
v0.6.1 – 3/8/2009
-This release was not due to bugs introduced in 0.6, I swear!
-Reworked the crossfade theme JS to fix some bugs and dramatically simplify the code.
v0.6 – 3/7/2009
-Photoset support! Display your latest photos or photos from a photoset.
-Removed requirement for allow_url_fopen. Fidgetr now tries to use the cURL libraries first.
-A few small bugfixes.
v0.51 – 2/28/2009
-Quick fix for a short_tags mistake. Thanks to Brian for reporting the problem.
v0.5 – 2/28/2009
-Added an AJAX check to warn the user if their Flickr username/email is invalid.
-Fixed a foreach warning that could crop up if no comments were present (bug introduced in 0.41).
-Added some advanced CSS in the default theme (visible in Safari 4 only)
v0.41 – 2/24/2009
-Fixed a quote issue with fetching comments, thanks lupinehorror!
v0.4 – 2/15/2009
-Preliminary i18n support
v0.32 – 2/4/2009
-You can now use Flickr username or email to obtain your photostream. Previously only Flickr username was allowed.
-Substantial improvements to look and feel of the widget control in wp-admin. This should help reduce confusion.
-Several optimizations to reduce DB writes and queries to the Flickr API
v0.31 – 1/30/2009
-Reworked how the themes loop through the JSON object to avoid a bug with “undefined” entries. Thanks to Rolando for spotting the issue.
v0.3 – 1/29/2009
-First public release!
-Default and crossfade now support right sidebar themes with comments.
-Many small CSS fixes for various themes.
-Comment support for crossfade and other improvements.
-Continued refactoring of core code.
v0.23 – 1/26/2009
-Most of the core widget code has been refactored to make it easier to update/maintain going forward.
-Addition of crossfade theme. This theme is not fully functional yet.
v0.2 – 1/25/2009
-Major expansion of the theming capability. Themes can now enqueue JS and CSS.
-Addition of the “grid” theme.
-Preliminary theme documentation added.
v0.13 – 1/22/2009
-New CSS rule in default theme to fix margin/padding inherited from promiscuous themes.
v0.12 – 1/20/2009
-Added enqueue for jQuery.
v0.11 – 1/20/2009
-width fix and other IE fixes.
v0.1 – 1/20/2009
-Initial release. Private distribution only.