January 17th, 2012
r509 v0.6 is out. There were 39 commits encompassing the following changes from 0.5 to 0.6.
- Gemfile updated to set proper versions of supporting gems for doc generation
- Fixes to load_yaml in Config
- OCSP handling extensively refactored and most of the logic moved into the r509 OCSP responder project.
- Cert#subject_component no longer improperly upcases elements
- SAN is now supported in self-signed certificates
- Cert#san_names returns an empty array if no san_names exist
- Cert#fingerprint is now an available method
- Cert#subject_names returns a concatenation (de-duped) of CN and SANs
- General refactoring in several areas to improve code quality
- Csr now takes :san_names in constructor instead of :domains. This is more consistent
- Files renamed to lowercase to match Ruby conventions
- Cert#in_validity_range? method added
- Fixed some order dependent tests
The majority of work went into improving the OCSP codebase, which was moved into the r509-ocsp-responder project, but that’s a subject for another blog entry!