Since launching Frinkiac we’ve been overwhelmed by the response. I’ll have a future blog post talking a bit about what it looks like when a site that’s designed to query a database gets a lot of simultaneous users, but for the moment I just wanted to give some credit to a few projects that sprung up to provide Frinkiac access in alternate ways:
- frinkiac-gif is a Chrome extension that hooks into the Frinkiac UI to let you create animated GIFs from the images. The GIFs are pretty large and since it’s hooking our UI we won’t guarantee we won’t break it on occasion in the future, but that is a seriously cool idea! The source code is available as well.
- hubot-frinkiac is a hubot plugin for searching Frinkiac.
- hubot-frinkiac – another hubot plugin for searching Frinkiac. I’m seeing double, four Krusties!
- slack-frinkiac is a Slack plugin with source code available.
- frinkiacslack.com is also a Slack plugin.
- 1b19.com – another Slack plugin. How’s that for freedom of choice?
It’s incredibly exciting to see people building this sort of functionality on top of our pet project. Thank you!